Recognition

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Trader Joe's Wine Bag Card







Hi there!  On this day of remembrance, I'd like to make my card about "Love".
I am so excited to be a guest designer over at AAA Cards today!  
Thanks so much for inviting me!

The challenge is Game #73 Upcycling.  I decided to use a Trader Joe's wine bag.  I love the print on their wine bags!

        

I took the leaf printed part of the bag and die cut flowers with Poppies Stamps Arched Poppies die and also cut them out of black.  I paper pieced the black pieces into the red and white border.  I put all this on a white panel cut with Wplus9 Sunshine Layers scalloped rectangle die.  I then used the side of the wine bag (all red) as the border for the edges of the kraft card base.  I die cut "love" and "you" (Tim Holtz Celebration Words dies) from the red part of the bag and from black card stock and stacked them a little offset to each other then on to the card.  I finished it off with Wink of Stella on the black parts of the flowers and the die cut sentiment.


14 comments:

  1. Angie, this is a beautiful card! I also keep nice packaging sometimes ;) So glad that you have joined us as Guest Designer for this challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this is such a creative idea! And the CAS design a real stunner. We are so pleased to have you as our GD x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've totally rocked this challenge and will be a great inspiration to our players! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to have you guest design with us for this challenge and what a fantastic 'up-cycle' item you've chosen. Just perfect and so pretty. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea and congrats on being guest designer! Love your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on the challenge. I love your card and the process you used to create it! I hope you enjoyed the wine too! Great to have you guest designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to upcycle! Tickled to have you join us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete